My wish for you is that you always have blessings for which to be thankful.
Here are the pictures from last year’s Turkey feast (you can begin feeling insanely jealous as I get to enjoy this, a spread that’s worthy of a magazine layout).
The best part…how could you not want to spend the day with fun embodied in human form?
Today Thanksgiving falls on the 25th of November so I thought it was fitting to think of 25 things I am grateful for this year.
1. For a brand-spanking new opportunity to try something completely different than I’ve ever done in my life
2. For my dogs
and my cat too, I suppose
3. For my sister, who I am sorry to say I can’t spend the day with, but I’m always grateful to have such a wonderful relationship with her and we are together in spirit
4. For the amazing family that spends so much of their time cooking and preparing their house for all of us to enjoy the holiday together (and never making me feel guilty about not possessing the cooking gene ~ Thanks Diana, love you!)
5. For my Finnamon ~ I don’t know how I got to be so lucky that I got the best little boy in the whole world
6. For my Josh ~ who is kind enough to put up with me and who I want to spend all my holidays and other special days with
7. For good food
8. For Nicole who is celebrating her first holiday season as a better half
9. For wine ~ doesn’t even have to be good wine…the more I drink the less I care about the quality
10. For the fall ~ which I wish would have stuck around for more than 5 days before winter came
11. For taking a breath as I find my path and for all those in my life who support me as I do this
12. For my time with my Grandma
13. For chilly bedrooms and warm covers for perfect sleeping
14. For health and happiness
15. For second, third, and fourth chances and forgiveness
16. For cartoons and PBS and most importantly the DVD player in my van
17. For my couch and my pillow
18. For beauty, love, and laughter in our world
19. For good music
20. For all of you that stop by and read what I have to write ~ especially for those that make my day by leaving a comment
21. For my MC4
22. For ears, piggies, and ticklish 2 year olds ~ for Eskimo and butterfly kisses
23. For good reads
24. For home being with people you love instead of a place
25. I would be very grateful for an Ipad…but sadly I don’t have one…sigh…
Your turn…do you celebrate Thanksgiving? I couldn’t imagine anyone not wanting to celebrate the massacre of Native Americans after we stole their land and then only survived the winter because of their kindness and generosity. Do you go traditional with turkey and stuffing or make up your own rules? What are you grateful for?