Not worth the money I would save.

As crazy people are out before the sun rises to score the “amazing deals” of black Friday, I am snuggled under my comforter, sleeping in.  No matter how much money I would save (and this is totally debatable, I don’t believe it) it will never be worth it to have the possibility of being trampled or getting in an altercation because I TOUCHED IT FIRST… LEYGO.  I’m not sure if my imagination of what happens on black Friday is accurate, but it’s real in my head.  Crazy people are crazy and days like these seem to make them get together and I’m very worried about remaining safe and away from these crazy people.

So I’m sleeping right now, digesting my turkey, I’ll get up and  eat a turkey sandwich and maybe even go back to bed.  I have important plans of doing nothing.  You’re jealous, aren’t you?

This entry was posted in Brain Dump, Personal, What the hell? and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Not worth the money I would save.

1. Sans says:

Yes. I had to work today.

Ptfft…

2. Kyooty/Mary says:

It wasn’t that crazy the years I went in New England.
    Kyooty/Mary recently posted..Random Tuesday unrandomly shows up on TuesdayMy Profile

3. Barbara says:

Let’s hear it for those of us who dislike crowds and love to sleep in!! I do my part for the economy on other days, when the crowds disperse :)
    Barbara recently posted..The Day AfterMy Profile

4. Becca says:

I totally agree…there’s nothing I want badly enough to join the hoards of people out shopping at the crack of dawn. Especially not when I can get it on the internet without getting out of my jammies!
    Becca recently posted..Thanksgiving MemoriesMy Profile

5. quilly says:

I don’t shop on Black Friday. Even though we live on a quiet, sedate, normally sane little island, I swore I wasn’t going near a store today. Unfortunately, I had to go to the Drug Store and pick up my prescription, but I didn’t have to buy anything else! Mostly I visited friends and stayed out of the “town” area.
    quilly recently posted..Hummingbirds in SnowMy Profile

6. Ferd says:

Yes! “Important plans of doing nothing!” That’s what the day after Thanksgiving should be all about! Good for you.
    And I so agree that crazy people are crazy and should be avoided. Bad enough we have to be exposed to so much family! LOL
    Ferd recently posted..The Queen’s Meme 61 The Silly Serious Thanksgiving MemeMy Profile

7. JLO says:

I’m all about shopping online. No rush and fun to get mail everyday! :)
    JLO recently posted..Pre School with BeautyMy Profile

8. I totally agree with you.

While “I TOUCHED IT FIRST… LEYGO” used to be my motto in college (regarding men, of course), now I stay away from the Black Friday mayhem.
    Vodka and Ground Beef recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving To All the CrippledsMy Profile

9. John says:

I am very jealous. I’ve worked in retail all my adult life and I can tell you that it is crazy. I’ve seen people fight over saving a few dollars. Every year it gets more and more crazy. If I am never in retail I plan on not leaving my house on the day after Thanksgiving.
    John recently posted..ThanksgivingMy Profile

10. Well it wasn’t Black Friday here since Thanksgiving is a regular workday (we usually celebrate the weekend before or after but this year I also had a girlfriend thanksgiving dinner the night of – lots of good fun) but we did spend the afternoon at the beach followed by Mexican food at our favorite beach bar. Does that count as being lazy or not, I’m not sure. Sure felt good though.

Happy thanksgiving!

———————————–
    My photography is available for purchase – visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
    Robin from Israel recently posted..Happy ThanksgivingMy Profile

11. Bazza says:

Hi Kate. I have only just learned about Black Friday because we don’t have Thanksgiving or Black Friday in the UK. However, the first day of the big sales (usually straight after Christmas and again in the Spring) are crazy. People camp outside to be first into the Harrods sales in Knoghtbridge, central London. It’s totally mad!
    Bazza’s Blog ‘To Discover Ice’
    Bazza recently posted..The Naming of Parts by Henry ReedMy Profile

12. I couldn’t agree more! We spent a lovely day in with leftovers. :o)
    Dina @ 4 Lettre Words recently posted..Woohooits the weekend!My Profile

13. Carver says:

I’m with you. There’s no way I’m shopping this weekend. I hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving.
    Carver recently posted..Photohunters- WrittenMy Profile

14. Dayngr says:

Nothing could drag me out of bed and into that kind of hell that early in the morning. I slept in too!
    Dayngr recently posted..Flashback Friday 22My Profile

At one Ohio Walmart, shoppers camped out for two nights prior to the earlybird madness. They put up nice tents with aluminum frames, windows, and plenty of room inside for generators, refrigerators, and room for six. If they can afford all that, who needs to risk their life to save $5 on Elmo? Bunch of reckless idiots…

My goodness, what adorable new pics. 😀
    Linda recently posted..Even the tomatoes trembled…My Profile

I vote sleep over shopping any day, or every day. All the time.
    linlah recently posted..did anyone notice- i didMy Profile

18. Kris says:

I spent the day in bed as well, but we dragged the bed out into the living room so we still had movies in bed all day. No way in hell would I go out in that mess!

19. George says:

I was right there with you. Other than going out to get the mail, I didn’t even leave the house Friday. :)
    George recently posted..AC Classic Trick Or TreeMy Profile

20. Taylor says:

Black Friday shopping? Yeeeeeah right. I spent the day eating even MORE turkey and pie.
    Taylor recently posted..ShenpaMy Profile

21. Eve says:

That’s exactly how I feel about Black Friday. I spent the day in much the same way as you describe.

Thanks for coming by to see me. I’m always looking for new friends.
    Eve recently posted..Christmas MoviesMy Profile