Third Annual Happy Holiday Blogtastic Shout Out.

As it was nearing the time when the jingle bells began ringing I remembered what an honor it was to participate in a Secret Santa Spin hosted by Sprite’s Keeper.  I got to write about one of my favorite blogs Symphonic Discord.  Sprite’s Keeper is taking a time out on the Spin’s and she gave her blessing for me to take on this annual tradition she started two years ago.

After participating last year, it reminded me once again, that it always is better to give than to receive.

So I took on the task of organizing this event, and found it was much more work than I ever imagined.  The hardest part ended up deciding who I wanted to write about.  It was like deciding which one of my children was my favorite.

Then I realized I only have one child.

There are two sites that as I am reading, I get inspired to put my 2 cents in.  The comments I write are often nearly as long, if not longer, than the original post.  It must be very obnoxious for them to get my comments on each post.  Hopefully, they read it as mad props for the writing that they do, because that is my intention.  Both of these sites have inspired posts…imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I know I’m a huge fan (and possibly a little bit of a stalker, if we’re being honest) when I go back to see how they’ve responded to my comment.

One has inspired a post that is locked and loaded, ready to publish shortly, so I get to write about the other today.  I don’t even remember how I stumbled onto her blog, but I immediately was fascinated by her life, her humor, and her voice.  Her site instantly became a daily read.

It was after I had been reading her for awhile that I realized English was her second (or third, fourth, maybe even seventeenth language).  She writes ten times better than I do, and not even in her native tongue.

Just over 4,000 miles separate our homes.  We are both teachers, wives, and mothers.  We both found an escape writing about our experiences and connecting with others on-line.  It’s amazing to me how similar our experiences are even though we live in two different corners of the world.

Nearly identical in our experiences and feelings as mothers, and in some ways we couldn’t be more different.

I think blogs are a wonderful tool that we can use to interact and learn from different people and places.  Reading posts from different people, perspectives, and places gives us a global conscious.  I aspire to widen my view and understanding of the world and the people who live in it.  There isn’t a more human, intelligent, and humorous way to broaden my perspective than by reading Mwa at Lost in Translation.

Okay, so that was all deep…right?  And if you know me you know that I’m actually an 8-year-old hiding in a 28-year-old body.  So the true TRUE reason I love reading Mwa’s amazing blog is because she uses words like bum, poo, nappy, loo, and my personal favorite…knickers.  I honestly think the world would be a better place if we all used the word knickers.

In her own words…

I’m a teacher on a break until done procreating. Moved about the UK for a good few years, now back living in Belgium with Scottish man and two kids. The children speak Dutch to me and English to their father. Sometimes we get lost in translation.

All I want for Christmas is for you to follow me on Twitter and Like me on Facebook

**and a job**

Not only are we spreading the love and cheer today, but also acknowledging the often under appreciated.  Another added bonus (for me at least) is finding great new sites to go and visit.  Take a moment out of your holiday celebration to acknowledge, like, follow, and find a new favorite read! :)

True Blue Texan shouts out to Feet off the Table!

Follow True Blue Texan on Twitter

Trust me, I’m a Doctor hearts Candice Does the World

Follow Trust me, I’m a Doctor on Twitter

Hello, Taylor was healed by A Little Bit of Love

Follow Hello, Taylor on Twitter

digital catharsis relaxes with Fruitful Voyage

Follow digital catharsis on Facebook

Pancakes Gone Awry finds much needed humor at Outnumbered Two to One or Never too Old for Angst

Sprite’s Keeper was the one who had this great idea, hosted it for the past 2 years, and gave me her blessing to try and fill her (huge) shoes (I hope I do her proud, since it’s her baby!) and she went one better for It’s a Dog’s Life

It’s a Dog’s Life knows Keely makes lemonade when given lemons (and lemonade that will tickle your funny bone, at that) at The Un Mom

Clark Kent’s Lunchbox found another great daddy blogger (don’t we all need more of those!) with Just Add Father

Follow Clark Kent’s Lunchbox and Twitter and Facebook

How to be a Good Father is encouraged to fight the good fight by Irish Gumbo

Follow Good Father on Twitter

Long Hollow shares a truly kind spirit…we can all aspire to be more like Jillsy Girl

Follow Long Hollow on Twitter

If the Holiday times have passed you by before you knew it and still would like to participate, give a shout out and email me your link, and I’ll link you up.

My holiday wish for you and yours~

May Peace be your gift at Christmas (or any other holiday you celebrate) and your blessing all year through.

And check out the other Shout Outs…

2nd Annual Holiday Shout Out ~ December 2009

1st Annual Holiday Shout Out ~ December 2008

I asked each author to give me 5 choices of sites they loved so we made sure we didn’t have repeats.  Of course all of us love WAY more than just one site…so here are the other sites we can’t get enough of.  Check them out for more great reading!!  They’re going in my Google Reader FOR SURE!!

*In alphabetical order*

Twenty Four at Heart

Uncle Type Writer

Us and Them

Vie, the Wondering Nomad

Welcome to Normal

Words That Flow

This entry was posted in BLOGTASTIC-shout out to fellow blogger, Holidays, I'm a Fan, Site and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Third Annual Happy Holiday Blogtastic Shout Out.

1. Thanks soo much for the shout out and sweet words. We really appreciate it and love your comments on our blog!
    Youthful Wisdom recently posted..To be or not to be my friendMy Profile

2. Michele says:

Thank you for hosting. Have a Merry Christmas.
    Michele recently posted..WW – Heady the HatterMy Profile

3. Irish Gumbo says:

Oh, my…I am honored and delighted to be in such great company! Thank you for hosting this, and letting us share the joy!

Irish Gumbo
    Irish Gumbo recently posted..Winter Poetry Slam- Patuxent River Meditation 5My Profile

4. Marian says:

holy internet, hello and thanks for the shout-out!
    i am honored and intrigued.
    hmmmm. i believe i will stick around.
    love and happy new year!
    Marian recently posted..small moments matterMy Profile

5. goodfather says:

Great, great work! Thank you! Peace also to you, for Christmas and 2011!

And a job.

6. Holly B says:

Oh My Goodness !! Thank you so much. Its always nice to hear when someone out there in bloggy land likes what we do!!
    Much love back to you …….. xo xo xo
    Holly B recently posted..These Are A Few Of My Favorite ThingsMy Profile

7. Candice says:

Wooot! I regret not participating as well, now. Wish I had more time. Great project, and so glad to be a part. :)

8. TY for including me!!!
    Happy for the fellowship.

9. Barbara says:

I did it! Sorry for being such a procrastinator and slow writer :) Thank you so much for hosting it and inviting me!
    Barbara recently posted..No Red Moonbeams for Me A Long Hollow UpdateMy Profile

10. Kate – thanks so much for adding me to this illustrious list! I shall enjoy browsing your favourite blog list and know it will be totally absorbing! merry Christmas xV recently posted..Christmas in the sunMy Profile

@Youthful Wisdom-I feel honored to be in your company!

@Michele-My pleasure!

@Irish Gumbo-I’m so honored to be in such great company too…hopefully I can fool a lot of people and they’ll think that I’m as talented as all the other authors here! :)

@Marian-You are so very welcome!

@GoodFather-If I see Santa I will ask him to send a job to you and I…that would be something great to celebrate!

@Holly B.-Makes everything worth it right…especially when things are crazy during these Holidays.

@Candice-Nope, sorry you had your chance…now you have to live the consequences.

@Authentic Life-Glad to meet your acquaintance!

@Barbara-Glad to have you, last minute or any time!

@Val.Baker-Happy reading!

12. What a lovely idea for a post. I know you sent me something about it but it arrived in the middle of my work crunch when I was barely finding time to sleep and breathe. Next year…

My photography is available for purchase – visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
    Robin from Israel recently posted..Yellow BougainvilleaMy Profile

13. Well, I am flattered. Sometimes I am not sure that anyone could find what I have to write about interesting at all! It is always a big surprise when I find someone has listed me in their “reads”!

Thanks so much! (and btw – I always bookmark and look back to check what is written after I comment….I think replies are important….it’s more of a connection and interaction thing….we are human “beans” after all!)
    Cartoon Characters recently posted..Christmas breakMy Profile

14. nelson says:

Great post, Kate! Thanks for including me here and I feel so honored to be part of this! I just came from a night shift and I’m supposed to be sleeping now but I could not help but have a peek at the cool sites here. Merry Christmas everyone!
    nelson recently posted..Overnight Desert CampingMy Profile

15. Pingback: Tweets that mention Third Annual Happy Holiday Blogtastic Shout Out. | Recommended Daily Dose --

16. Going to come back and enjoy exploring blogs, ALL new to me, except our hostess. Thanks for opening a door onto another world. And may the new year bring you a new job!
    Elephant’s Eye recently posted..Christmas flowersMy Profile

17. Jan says:

Oh, my! What an honor to be included in this list of great blogs. Now I’m off to do some reading…

18. Wonderful write up! Gives me a few new blogs to enjoy while on Christmas break! Yay! And you did an amazing job, including the entire list? AWESOME!!!!
    Merry Christmas, Kate. May the New Year bring you peace, love, and a paycheck.
    Sprite’s Keeper recently posted..Hopes for a hack-free holidayMy Profile

19. frogmama says:

Thank you so much for the mention. There are so many great blogs out there–I’m going to explore the ones you listed. Happy holidays!
    frogmama recently posted..Im one sniffle away from a &amping Lifetime movieMy Profile

20. Suldog says:

Always so nice to be given the linky love. Thank you, very much! Looks like a great bunch of interesting folks with which to be included (I already visit a few of them on a regular basis.)

Merry Christmas!
    Suldog recently posted..Backstage at The GiftMy Profile

21. omawarisan says:

Wow, youve put a lot of work into being kind.

Thank you…and thanks to Trust Me, I’m A Doctor. Trust me, I’m a fan!
    omawarisan recently posted..Harnessing The Power Of Incidental PorkMy Profile

22. Annelisa says:

Kate…during the BlogBlast for Peace I saw you had rummaged through virtually every site I’d been to (and, of course, put everything back where you found it! :-D) and was amazed at your time, energy and loveliness…here you show how that wonderful, giving spirit is part of you on an ongoing basis, not just a day. It is a pleasure to meet you, and it is an honour to be included here!
    Thank you!
    Annelisa recently posted..Peace 7My Profile

23. Wolf Pascoe says:

Thank you for so much loving work.

I’m touched, honored, and somewhat bewildered to be in such respectable company. Got lost in Mwa’s delicious blog and only now coming up for air. Such a banquet here, will be days savoring all of it.

Your generosity in the moment of your troubles humbles me. Do you know the Victor Frankl line, “What is to give light must endure burning.”? (Sometimes, I find it helpful.)

What Sprite’s Keeper said: may you find peace, love and a paycheck.
    Wolf Pascoe recently posted..The story of language- 5- Dungeons and DragonsMy Profile

24. Thank you Kate for including me in your holiday round-up.
    Quite an honor to be included in such great company, especially as a relative noob.
    Hope the holidays find you well.

Blessings and best wishes-
    Chris Buckley recently posted..Brawly Old Saint NicholasMy Profile

@Robin- I’ll sign you up for next year! :)

@Cartoon Characters- Well someone loves to read what you write and now so do I!!

@Nelson- Get some sleep…the internet will still be here when you wake! You have one of the most physically and mentally challenging careers.

@Elephant Eye- From your fingers to God’s ears (or a principal who lives within 30 miles of where I live).

@Jan-You won’t be disappointed. And if you are…don’t come back complaining to me! 😉

@Sprite’s Keeper-Did you hear that huge sigh? It was me being glad to get your stamp of approval. So glad you liked it…AND that you let me jump in on your amazing idea in the first place!

@frogmama-I am trying to figure out how frogs get in the formula?

@Suldog-Happy to have met your acquaintance!

@Omawarison-Trust me, I’m a huge fan too!

@Annelisa-If you could see the state of chaos my life and house are in, you would get why I try to keep things tidy on the internet!!

@Wolf-I get Lost in Translation all the time…just last night I read a whole month of her archives. It will become a problem when I stop meeting my obligations…I can just imagine I don’t make it to Christmas Eve service because I’ve lost track of time.

@Chris-You are so very welcome!

26. Kate, so thrilled to be a part of this. Thanks for inviting me. There a bunch of great blogs listed on here. Some I already follow, and they are every bit as awesome as the shout outs they’ve received here. It’s very cool that Sprites Keeper came up with this and that you took the initiative to keep it going. Kudos. Thanks again.

Merry Christmas to and to everyone listed here!
    Clark Kent’s Lunchbox recently posted..Viva la Resolution!My Profile

27. Oooh! I made the list! Awesome. Lots of new blogs up there to check out over the holidays. Thanks.
    Captain Dumbass recently posted..Merry ChristmasMy Profile

28. JLO says:

I’m supposed to be baking…now I’ll be stalking!
    JLO recently posted..Gingerbread House and Elf!My Profile

29. Awesome. So thrilled to be included with so many excellent bloggers. Happy Holidays to everyone. This is a great stocking stuffer.

Seattledad (Luke, I am Your Father) recently posted..Its a Wrap Sort ofMy Profile

30. Peg says:

Thanks so much for the shout out and the bloggy love. I so appreciate being included in this awesome list of bloggers. I am kind of dumbfounded actually! Thanks SO much. Now I have more to add to my list!

You did a wonderful job with this. I know I didn’t participate but you did great!
    Peg recently posted..Eclipsed by the MoonMy Profile

Thank you, great company to be in and I’ll be checking the list, twice.
    linlah recently posted..tacos and a free pizzaMy Profile

32. Stimey says:

What a great list of writers. I’m honored to be listed here. And also excited to find some new reads! Thanks!!
    Stimey recently posted..A Lovely Evening of Song HaMy Profile

33. Arwen says:

Nice work hosting, and thanks for the linky love.
    Arwen recently posted..Unsolicited AdviceMy Profile

34. Taylor says:

Wooohoooo! I’m so happy to see the list up, I’ll be checking everybody out soon :) Happy holidays, Kate! Hope they’re wonderful!
    Taylor recently posted..Hello- HermioneMy Profile

35. Thanks for the shout out Kate! Hope you’re doing well and Happy Holidays :)

36. Hannah says:

Wow! Thank you so much, Kate!! Such a great list of blogs you’ve put together—I can’t wait to do some serious blog reading this holiday and explore all these wonderful writers you’ve recommended.

Happy holidays!
    Hannah recently posted..In a year…My Profile

you did a fabulous job :)
    I haven’t been to my dad’s new house yet, and I’m not sure what the set up is…. but I’m sure there’s still a computer somewhere I can sit at while he watches sports (it’s how we bond, we sit in the same room while he watches sports.. 😉 ), and I’m looking forward to perusing all kinds of new blogs :)

(ps. i also love the word knickers. thumbs up to that!)
    maggie recently posted..Merry Christmas to all- and to all a good night!My Profile

38. Tonggu Momma says:

Aw, thanks for the shout-out. What an unexpected Christmas present!
    Tonggu Momma recently posted..A Christmas DecisionMy Profile

39. AiDiSan says:

Hello Ms. Kate,

I have two things to thank you for…

Thank you for checking at my page and writing your comment and thank you too because of the Blogtastic Shoutout you initiated, I was featured on another blog (Nelson’s blog). I’ve been visiting too many blogs and write comments but only this time that I got featured on someone else’s blog and I felt appreciated!

Happy New Year. May all your Dreams and Goals do come true in 2011.

Hello Ms. Adisan,
    I have two things to say you’re welcome for…
    You’re welcome!
    You’re welcome!
    I hope you also have a wonderful New year and hope all your dreams and goals come true in 2011 as well!

40. Ooooh I blush! I’m so sorry I missed this post before. It must have been because of the whole holiday rush and travelling – I think I hit the “mark all as read” button once in the UK. Sorry about that.

Thank you so much for your kind words. They’re awfully welcome to a continuous doubter like me. I feel so honoured that you chose me.

Big kiss! And knickers!

Mark all as of my favorite buttons!!
    Mwa (Lost in Translation) recently posted..The road to enlightenment is bumpy and sometimes smells of baconMy Profile