One thousand.

This post (the one you’re reading right here, right now at this very exact moment) is my 1,000 post.  I wasn’t sure I would ever get here and if I could rewind my life, I might say I never SHOULD have gotten here because I could say my website cost me my job.

But then I would be wrong…because it was me that cost me my job and I think I’m finally coming to terms with the fact that maybe it was for the best.  (feeling like someone just shot me in the stomach tells me I’m not quite there yet(but I’m PRETTY close…I think))

There is no moving or funny words that I could write here to summarize my life in the past 3 years (plus change).  My head would explode to even think of trying.  So in a sick way…I’m glad it’s all recorded here.  And help me toast to the achievement of 1,000 posts and (hopefully) many more to come.

How many years have you been writing your thoughts in a blog?  How many posts have you been brave enough to click “publish” and share them with the world?  Are you glad you made that choice?  If you could go back before you post the first one and tell yourself something…what would it be?  STOP…don’t do it?  Think twice (three, four, etc.) times before you publish?  Or would you not change anything at all?

Really I just want to know what my competition is because now I have to have the most posts and been writing for the longest time because if I’m going to do something, I have to WIN!

And tomorrow, I will post my 1,001 post and I will continue to do so…until I stop.  And even though I carry only the smallest part of the person I was 1,000 posts ago in me today (for better or worse)…I’m going to trudge along, the best I know how because that’s all I’ve ever done.  So I guess in the end if anyone is asking…there was more good that came from this than bad and that’s why I continue to share my thoughts, feelings, and experiences in this crazy world in which we live.

Since I don’t have anything profound or funny to say…I want to share something that is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a very long time.

Watch this. Be prepared to laugh. And then watch it again. It gets better. They saved the best for last.

This entry was posted in Brain Dump, Occupational Hazard, Personal, Site, Special Occassions and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to One thousand.

My first blog post was October 12, 2004. I currently have 838 posts on that blog. You can see the VERY first one in my archive: http://sydwynd.blogspot.com/2004_10_01_archive.html
    Vince recently posted..Trust in the LordMy Profile

2. Happy anniversary! I started my blog in January of 08, 1100 posts later, I still don’t know what I’m doing half the time.. :-)
    Sprite’s Keeper recently posted..Lose MyselfMy Profile

Congratulations! Please, keep on writing! I really love your blog and I always learn lots of things from the amazing way you write! And you know what, it was not your brilliant blog or opinions that cost your job… it was the narrow mind(s) AND envy of little-hearted people (using a movies’ quote: “People will talk”, with Cary Grant). So, again, congratulations and wishing a long life to your amazing style and thoughts!
    Denise recently posted..What for a day – Shoeper Shoe Challenge # 60My Profile

Okay girlfriend… you have the most posts.

I have 67 and was really hoping to hit 100 by September 19, my blog anniversary. But I like what I’ve written, I’ve seen growth, and I always have cool pictures!

Congratulations on a wonderful achievement. This reader thinks you’re a wonderful girl! Hugs to you, Kate… : )
    Linda recently posted..Forget me notMy Profile

Linda-
    That’s what I like to hear!! Although my first year, there would go months and months without a post and I’ve been working pretty hard to post something 5 days a week (M-F) but to say that takes a lot of time and effort would be an understatement and sometimes that affects the quality of the posts in the negative.
    Thanks for your kind compliments and all my hard work is worth it if I can I WON!! I WON!!
    😉 Kate

Denise-
    Oh my goodness, my dear friend. I just adore you…I think the world of you! You always have such kind words!

Jen-
    You started yours in Jan of 08 and I started mine 6 months later…I wish I could do as well as you if “you don’t know what you’re doing half the time.” I would probably hate you even more if you DID know what you were doing because already you’re amazing and always funny! I thought you were around for lots longer…now I just know you’re way more awesome!!
    😉 Kate

Vince-
    Wow, that’s impressive. In October you’ll celebrate 7 years! That’s so awesome! When I was just starting out, you’d already been writing for 4 years! I hope you continue because I LOVE your perspective and I love to hear about your family! I follow in your large footsteps with a lot of admiration!