Big mistake…huge…HUGE!

Please note: I give Mayo Clinic credit for saving my life when I suffered from nectratizing pancreatitis and for bringing my son into this world.  Many of my family members are & were employed there.  I have no ill will toward Mayo Clinic.

However…they had hundreds of opportunities to interview me for a variety of jobs and DID interview me 3 times and chose not to hire me.  Remember this scene from Pretty Woman?

That’s how I feel about Mayo.  When they didn’t take advantage of me applying to the company by snapping me up for a quarter of my previous salary…they made a big mistake…HUGE!

I’m still keeping my eyes on the openings at Mayo and other companies, but now I’m making things happen for myself.  For the past 11 months I was trying to find employment, I really was.  I was working hard at it (and still am) but it wasn’t until recently I got my confidence back.  And with my faith restored in my ability to produce great results…I really think they missed a great opportunity to have me work for them.  Most likely, I’m going to be embarking on my own business adventures (putting those steps in place now) and it’s going a million time better than I could have imagined AND I’m having the best time.

As I “resigned” from my last position tore apart what I knew to be true about myself (I may not always be perfect and succeed, but I always give it my best–I give it my entire heart and soul, everything I am, and I generally KICK-ASS).  At my last position my supervisor not only made me question everything I knew to be true about myself as an employee but also felt it necessary to attack me personally.  Even though I  knew it wasn’t true…I didn’t have a choice but to be deeply affected by it.

My growth in the past year has been paramount.  To work for someone for 4 years and get nothing but positive feedback and then in the final 4 months of employment the supervisor says they always thought you couldn’t do your job better than a pair of monkeys.  I am finally able to begin healing my wounds on that front.  I finally can say it’s their loss and…

…I’m back BITCHES!

Be prepared to be amazed.

This entry was posted in Health, Kate ~ HerStory, Occupational Hazard, Personal, Teacher Tales, Update, Video and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Big mistake…huge…HUGE!

Should I be scared? :)
    Tracey recently posted..Indulging a passionMy Profile

Very nice that you are back with lots of confidence! You know what, I am dreaming or thinking about my web project of being self-employed too, for some months – I would even say a year. Things are on hold now while I am in the UK, but I think it’s a fabulous idea to do it, Kate, so, go on, you have all my admiration and support, whenever you can! I’m really looking forward to it, and curious! (But… maybe I have an intuition of what it will be…!)
    That about your employer was horrible, I know. THEIR LOSS, Kate, just like you said! And in the meantime you enjoyed your son’s company much more. They are simply not worth, these people there.
    Denise recently posted..LondonMy Profile

Oh God, huge, huge mistake… I meant “you have all my admiration and support whenever you WANT!” :)
    Denise recently posted..LondonMy Profile

4. Woohoo!!! Kick ass, Kate!
    Sprite’s Keeper recently posted..Spin Cycle: Liar, liar, your morals are on fire.My Profile

Tracey-
    Oh yes, everyone should. Might be world destruction coming…actually that’s more of a certainty…good think you’re not in the States.

Denise-
    You will be awesome in whatever you do and you’ll be blessing those who work with you with your sweetness of spirit, huge intelligence, creativity, and good sense. Among a million other things!

Jen-
    Oh yes, just wait until the millions start rolling in…then we’ll charter a private jet, pick you all up and you can show us around Disney World. We will have rented it out for the weekend so it’s closed to the public (um…duh)!!
    😉 Kate

8. nelsonRN says:

woooh! I was just dropping by… and there goes a threat… hahaha…
    Your post made me look at myself…. I think I need this kind of attitude :)
    Go go go Kate!
    nelsonRN recently posted..Complaining YourselfMy Profile

They actually said that? About a pair of monkeys? And they were questioning your professionalism? Wow, Kate… hadn’t heard that part of the story before, but “bitches” is right.

Whatever you’ve got up your sleeve, you go girl!! Hugs … : )
    Linda recently posted..I am loved by a cricketMy Profile

Glad you got those monkeys off your back, now get out there and kick some ass.
    linlah recently posted..it’s october, right.My Profile

Nelson-
    I’ve been so out of it. Thanks for stopping by…I’ll return the favor. Just been to busy (as I know you are too)! Hope your family is doing well!

Linda-
    No, they didn’t officially say that. She did however say that the only way I could hurt my students more is if I physically hit them. Which broke my heart, because although I know I’m far from perfect, I love each and every one of my kids! The very last thing I would ever want to do is hurt them in any way. I would rather be no job and on the street than hurt those precious children.
    But now I’m onto bigger and better things and I don’t have to deal with such hateful people anymore!

Linlah-
    Thanks! They were heavy to carry around!

woot woot!

first off, go you. i could always tell you were kick ass awesome. time to show the world. ;D

second off, i frickin’ love that scene. and that movie. why don’t i own that movie, dammit.
    (i also really enjoyed valentine’s day. because i’m a sap and movies like that entertain me.)
    maggie recently posted..If I had three dollars for every time someone asked. . . Do Your Ears Hang Low?My Profile